Downtown is full of small business, the kind of places were you walk in the owner is working the cash register or bustling around arranging things and helping customers.
I <3 that type of customer service I love knowing that I’m helping someone fulfill their dreams and help their families.
When you shop small, you’re making a difference in the lives of the families who run those business you’re showing them that you care about the love and effort they put into their stores.
For me, I love shopping for Mom & Baby items. Unfortunately there aren’t very many options where I live. But in just a few short weeks we will finally have a fantastic option that I’m excited to try out. I’m hoping they will be open for Small Business Saturday so I can get some goodies for the baby (and me too).
Here are my favorite 5 reasons to shop Small Business Saturday
1. Customer Service–More often than not the customer service provided by small businesses is far superior to big box stores. They NEED you as a customer so they will often go above and beyond to make sure that you’re happy!
2. Unique Items–Small businesses tend to have more unique items so instead of you and everyone and their Mom having the same shirt, piece of jewelry etc you will have different items!
3. It Supports your *local* Economy–Suffice it to say that if you’re purchasing from a local business they’re putting their money back into the economy, paying their local workers, shopping at other small businesses etc.
4. It’s Delicious–When you pick a local Mom & Pop restaurant instead of a chain the food is usually better and always has a local flair that you won’t be able to find anywhere else. So while you’re out shopping all your local small business don’t forget to grab lunch at your favorite LOCAL spot!
5. You Feel Good About Yourself–When you spend your money at a local business you can feel good about yourself, you’re helping a family in your area AND yourself!