Yesterday was the first official day of Spring but the weather here in Central Virginia didn’t seem to agree. It was cold and deary and rumor had it we were going to get 6-8 inches of snow but we didn’t know what to expect because we had also heard that we would only get 1-3 inches! I decided to err on the side of caution and head to Target with the girls to get some snow storm must haves aka SNACKS!
This was no spring shower! It was cold and sleeting but we braved it! Target with kids is always an adventure. I want to check out the dollar spot, clearance sections and cute clothes and the kids want to check out the toys and run away from me every change they get. I often have to kill two birds with one stone while there. This trip was all about snacks so I headed there first–I figured we could get some snacks and I could bribe them with said snacks. As soon as we entered the aisle Kyla knew exactly what she wanted.
Even though Gerber Little Crunchies are meant for babies over 8 months Kyla loves them just as much as Emi does! Even Mason, who just turned 8 likes them! I often have to remind the big kids that they’re snacks for Emi, not them! Did you know that on average little ones get 25% of their calories from snacks–I was surprised when I learned that, I thought it would be higher! I feel like my kids are forever snacking!
As soon as we put them in the cart Emi was all about them, she tried so hard to get them open herself!
When she finally got the lid open she was beyond excited! Meanwhile I was excited that I was going to get a $5 gift card back from Target for spending $15 on our snow snack supply! These helped too!
Since Target reminded me that Easter is less than two weeks away I need to gather some ideas of what I’m getting for the kiddos so I popped open those Lil’ Crunchies and let them go to town while I browsed.
They were happy and occupied and I was able to come up with some ideas for the toddler crowd along with some cute stuff I’ve found online! Nothing is solidified yet because I still might get them this big gift for Easter. But
Itsy Bitsy Bunny: http://amzn.to/2IJjX9O
Garden Tools: http://amzn.to/2G1pkzB
Name Crayon: http://etsy.me/2pvVKv2
Egg Shakers: http://amzn.to/2G1UNS0
Handmade Bunny: http://etsy.me/2DKU3yL
Gerber Puffs: http://ooh.li/71aaaa0
- Let’s chat about this basket for a minute! This can fit a wide range of ages but is mostly meant for the toddler crowd! Board books are a favorite of ours and The Itsy Bitsy Bunny is read to the tune of The Itsy Bitsy Spider. It’s cute, catchy and will work all through spring, not just for Easter.
- Even though Spring hasn’t quite shown her face just yet I’m so excited for gardening and I know my little toddler will be too, what better way to get those curious hands involved than with their own tools! For the older toddler a bug catcher, magnifying glass and binoculars would also be great picks!
- I LOVE personalized gifts and the name crayons are not only affordable but a great size for toddler hands. Help them learn the letters to their name with these bright crayons before they’re ready to actually use them and then let them go to town creating their own art.
- Ever notice that toddlers love to dance?! Easter egg shakers are the perfect little music makers for toddlers. They’re easy to grasp and will help them learn about rhythm and movement. Best part? They’re not super loud so it won’t be one of those “Why in the world did we buy these toys!”
- How cute is that handmade bunny?! There are multiple different color options and they’re all adorable! I can imagine an entire house full of those cuties!
- Easter tends to be one of those holidays that’s heavy on the candy and I want to avoid candy for my little ones, especially an overabundance of it. Every couple of eggs? Sure! Every single one PLUS a chocolate bunny in the basket? No thanks! Instead fun snacks that the kids love are a better way to go! My kids love these and if your kids do too you can grab some coupons here.
And in case you’re wondering, we did get snow today. A REALLY good amount. And our snacks came in super handy while cuddling on the couch watching a movie!
With all the snow on the ground it’s hard to imagine that it’s Spring or that Easter is right around the corner but it is! Get ready!