Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, I love making food for my family and enjoying a big meal with them. I love sitting around the table and talking about the things we are grateful for. I love the tradition that surrounds Thanksgiving. Making the same meals year after year. Letting the kids help cook dinner. This year Mason wanted to know why we weren’t having Lasagna! I quickly explained–Lasagna isn’t for Thanksgiving! It’s for Christmas.
Growing up I was always really interested in my heritage. My mom’s family is from Puerto Rico. My Dad’s family is a little bit of everything. My dad’s grandmothers came from Italy and Canada. Somewhere down the line we also had family coming from Ireland and Scotland. Along the way we’ve adopted the our Italian roots more than anything. Probably because it was the most recent. So Lasagne is for Christmas. But I have a little boy who’s been begging for it for so Lasagne it is, BEFORE Christmas.
But with a twist.
Traditional Lasagne is for Christmas but Chicken alla vodka Lasagne is for all year long. I’ve been obsessed with my InsantPot lately. It’s not always “instant” but it saves me time because I don’t have to stand over a stove stirring and watching and waiting. Lasagne can be an ordeal. My InstantPot helps to shorten it. Get you one. I made the meal even easier by grabbing everything I needed at Walmart and getting $2 back from Ibotta since I used Barilla sauce and Galbani cheese!
I put together a little video about this meal. A little step by step to show you how it’s done.
This meal is SO worth the effort and it provides plenty of leftovers even if you’re a family of 5 like we are! The kids devoured it. Emi was licking her plate.
If the man of the house has anything to say about it, traditional lasgane on Christmas Eve just got kicked to the curb for Chicken alla vokda Lasgane.
- Turn InstantPot onto saute mode.
- Add 1 tablespoon avocado oil.
- Mince 4 cloves of garlic and diced 1 medium onion. Add to the avocado oil.
- Once the onions and garlic have caramelized add 1 cup vodka. Let simmer for 4 minutes to give vodka the time to reduce.
- While the vodka is reducing season 1.5lbs of chicken breasts with 2 tablespoons of Italian Seasoning.
- Add 2 jars of barilla marinara sauce to the instant pot.
- Add the chicken to the pot. Close the lid and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 5 minutes and then do a quick release.
- Once chicken is done, remove from the sauce and set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese to the sauce mixture and 1 cup heavy cream. Stir together and set aside.
- Shred chicken using two forks or a stand mix.
- To the chicken mixture add 2 cups vodka sauce and 1 32oz container of Galbani Ricotta cheese.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread a thin layer of the leftover vodka sauce onto the bottom of a glass 9x13 pan.
- Then place a layer of lasagne, add the chicken mixture on top and then another layer of lasagne. Repeat 2x with the final layer being lasagne.
- Top with 16oz Galbani mozerella cheese.
- Cook for 30-45 minutes.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving!