How is it October already? Mason has been asking me if it was almost Halloween since August and I kept telling him no, not yet, not even close. But now? My answer is much different. Now my answer is it’s right around the corner. I already have all of the kids costumes picked out and I’m heading to the attic to pull down our seasonal and holiday books this afternoon.
We’re officially getting ready for Halloween and everything that follows after it. With every holiday season I always find the kids books that we’ve never read before. A couple of years ago I found a bunch of cute Halloween books and this year I’ve found even more.
- Pete the Cat: Five Little Pumpkins by James Dean
- If You’re Spooky and You Know It by Aly Fronis
- The Spooky Wheels on the Bus by J. Elizabeth Mills
- Little Blue Truck’s Halloween by Alice Schertle
- The Itsy Bitsy Pumpkin by Sonali Fry
- At The Old Haunted House by Helen Ketteman
- The Witch with the Glitch by Adam Maxwell
- There Was an Old Mummy Who Swallowed a Spider by Jennifer Ward
- Eek! Halloween by Sandra Boynton
- Halloween Night by Marjorie Dennis Murray
I’m most excited for the EEk! Halloween because we love Sandra Boynton but At The Old Haunted House sounds really good too and I know that Mason will really enjoy reading The Witch with the Glitch.
Which one looks most exciting for you?