Sponsored post by Lunchbox.
Mason’s last day of school was yesterday. As soon as he got home I started with the holiday festivities. That afternoon I had run out to the store to get everything I needed to make White Chocolate Peppermint Pudding Cookies. I’m a sucker for peppermtint and mint flavored items especially around the holidays. B claims it’s not just around the holidays. He may be right about that. I found the recipe on Kraft and I knew I had to make it. It was a tough call though because they are so many awesome recipes to try. The Mint Chocolate Pudding Fudge was looking mighty good too!
Mason will be six next month and I’ve been baking with him since he was a baby. It’s so fun to see him get bigger. This is the first year that he’s been able to crack and egg really well. It sound so silly but it was cool to see. Just another way he’s getting bigger! What I loved about this recipe is that it was super easy to throw together.
Preheat your oven to 375F. In a medium sized bowl combine 2 1/4 cups flour, 1pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding and 1tsp. baking soda. Set aside.
In a large bowl or your stand mixer whip together 1 cup butter, 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon peppermint extract.
Blend in two eggs. Then slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients until completely mixed together.
Fold in one cup of white chocolate chips.
Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper. Drop a tablespoon of dough onto your cookie sheet spreading them about 2 inches apart. These cookies do not spread a ton which leaves room for error!
Bake for 8-10 minutes at 375F. Once the cookies are done let cool for a minute or two and then transfer to a wire rack. In a small bowl mix the remaining amount of powdered sugar with 1/4 cup water. Whisk together. Crush 12 peppermint candies. Use a brush to spread the sugar mixture over the cookies then immediately top with the crushed peppermint candies.
Serve immediately or store in an air tight container until your event!
I’m so excited to share these cookies with our friends and family. I love the way they came out. Peppermint not your thing? There are a ton of great dessert recipes to try out! I’m super excited to try the other recipes out.
- Preheat your oven to 375ºF
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together 2 1/4 cups flour, 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding and 1 tsp. baking soda.
- Beat 1 cup softened butter, 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon peppermint extract together until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Fold in one cup of white chocolate chips.
- Use a tablespoon to drop cookie dough, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet for one minute and then move to a wire rack.
- Crush your starlight mints and set aside.
- Whisk together 1 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 1/4 cup water.
- Use a brush to coat the top of the cookies with the water/sugar mixture and then top with crushed peppermints.