With BabyG4 heading our way in just about two months I still have a list fairly long. We don’t need much in terms of items but we do still have a lot of organizing to do. One thing I have to do for sure is pack my bag for the birth center and to get all my must have diaper bag essentials ready. There are a ton of little things that I always used to have around that I just don’t anymore now that both of our kids are out of diapers.
Of course you have to have the basics, diapers, wipes and a change of clothes but what about the rest of the stuff? After two kids these are my essentials.
1. Sam’s Club Exclusive Huggies Natural Care Wipes Clutch: Wipes are a huge must have for every single diaper bag. What I love about this travel case is that you can slip it onto your wrist and just grab that and go whenever you need too. Best part? It doesn’t look like you’re carrying around wipes. Every little bit helps when you have 3 kids in tow! If you love the clutch in the picture above make sure you grab it at Sam’s Club! It’s the only place you can get it.
2. Motherlove Diaper Rash & Thrush Salve: I’ve loved this stuff since I’ve had my first. It works great on your nipples if you’re experiencing thrush and is also great for diaper rashes! I love products that pull double duty!
3. Coloring Books & Crayons: This may seem odd to carry around in a diaper bag but hear me out okay? When you are one person and you have three kids with you or even two that means your chances of being able to entertain and take care of everyone at the same time is going down. Having coloring books and crayons gives you an activity for your children to do. They can do it at the doctors office or even at the grocery store in the big basket amidst all your groceries. If the coloring book fails have them watch this video. It should keep their attention!
4. Huggies Little Snugglers: Diapers, lots and lots of diapers. Think you have enough? Put more diapers in your bag. You’ll never have enough.
5. Thieves Spray: I don’t not go ANYWHERE without Thieves spray. I use it to spray down the bathrooms we go into while out and about, handles, shopping carts and on my kiddos hands for good measure! It’s safe!
6. Cliff Kid Z Bar: We’re a breastfeeding family so no need to carry around formula in our diaper bag but what we do need is snacks. Snacks for me. Snacks for the kids. I love these Cliff Kid Z bars. They keep well and are delicious!
7. Mom’s One Line A Day: they always say that after the first kid the rest get the shaft as far as memory keeping and pictures go. I really strive to not have that be the case with my kiddos and I love the idea of this Mom’s One Line a Day. It’s a 5 year journal filled with your memories of the day. You can get one for each child or use one book for all of them. Keeping it in your diaper bag means it will be on you which means as soon as you hear or see something worth remembering you can jot it down.
8. Klean Kanteen Water Bottle: I mentioned earlier that my kids are always hungry well they’re always thirsty too and the oldest isn’t a fan of breast milk ;). I try to always keep a water bottle on hand because there is almost always a water source so I can always grab them something to drink even at the park.
9. Eat Cleaner Food Wipes: Remember how my kids are always hungry? One of the things I like to pick up for them if we’re running errands and I don’t have anything on me is fresh fruit. I like to keep these Eat Cleaner food wipes on hand so that I can clean my fruit for the kids on the go.
10. KidScents Collection– If you don’t know by now, I love my Essential Oils and I don’t go anywhere without the KidScents kit. It’s pre-diluted for children and can be used on adults too. It’s a must have! My favorite is GeneYus to help my kids keep calm and focused!