This post is sponsored by Target.
Earlier this summer B decided that it was time for us to buy a tent for when we go camping . Before when it was just B, Mason and I we could all fit in the back of his car on an air mattress. With two growing kids that wasn’t working for us anymore. It wasn’t comfortable at all especially when the dog would join us! When the tent arrived the very first thing we did was set it up and camp out in our backyard. We surprised Mason with it and he was beyond excited. Even Kyla was into it.
For the last month the kids and I have been visiting New York. Come Tuesday we’re heading out of New York and towards Hershey Park, our halfway point to Virginia. Then it’s home sweet home, FINALLY.
Once we arrive we need to get back into our family routine and bond again as the four of us. B has been missing the kids so much, phone calls and pictures just don’t cut it. We plan on celebrating with backyard camp out, complete with a campfire, campfire meals, snacks and sleeping under the moonlight.
Of course, I’ll be heading to Target to get everything we need. Marshmallows, chocolate, graham crackers, napkins and even all the ingredients for our Lemon Chicken foil packet campfire meal!
This meal takes about 10 minutes to put together and at least 25-30 minutes to cook. Time will ultimately depend on your fire! We love to cook our food over a grate like this one.
First up is the marinade. In a small bowl, combine 6 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tsp rosemary, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, zest of 1 lemon and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Toss your potatoes and green beans in the marinade.
Set the potatoes and green beans aside while you cut our equal pieces of aluminum foil at least 12 inches long. Spread the potatoes and green bean mixture evenly between the four foil sheets making sure to place them in the center.
Cover your chicken in the remaining marinade. Fold up each side of the foil packet and then place the chicken on the top. Drizzle the remaining marinade equally across the four packets. Top with 2 lemon slices per packet.
Completely seal the packets.
Place foil packets in a single layer on a grate over your fire. Cook until potatoes and chicken are tender, about 25-30 minutes. Time may vary depending on your fire. Alternately you can place in the oven at 375 degrees for the same amount of time. I tested this recipe out in the oven!
- In a small bowl, combine 4 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tsp rosemary, zest of 1 lemon and 3 tablespoons of lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the potatoes and green beans in the marinade.
- Cut four equal pieces of aluminum foil at least 12 inches long. Equally divide the potatoes and green bean mixture among the foil packets.
- Cover your chicken in the remaining marinade.
- Fold up each side of the foil packet. Top each packet with the chicken. Drizzle the remaining marinade equally across the four packets. Top with 2 lemon slices per packet.
- Completely seal the packets.
- Place foil packets in a single layer on a grate over your fire. Cook until potatoes, green beans and chicken are tender and thoroughly cooked, about 25-30 minutes. Time may vary depending on your fire.
What’s your #TargetRun?