Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays hence the reason I’m a “No Christmas Until Thanksgiving is Over” type of girl. Family, Food, Football and DRINKS (Speaking of drinks thanks to Bud Light Lime for inspiring this post.)! What is there not to love about Thanksgiving? My favorite, besides being with my family of course is the food. I eat non-stop all of Thanksgiving Day. Cook and eat. Cook and eat. All day long. Then for the following week it’s Reheat and eat. Reheat and eat. Rinse, Wash, Repeat.
Considering that Thanksgiving is less than two weeks away it’s high time I plan my menu. Some things I know that will be there?
- Mashed Potatoes
- Green Bean Casserole
- Bud Light Lime Cran-Brrr-Rita
That’s last of which inspired another little something that will be added to my Thanksgiving table. Cranberry Cream Cheese Puffs.
These are three of my favorite flavors combined which isn’t hard to do because I like ALL THE FLAVORS. Served with a Bud Light Lime Cran-Brrr-Rita and I’m in absolute heaven. Until my kids need something again 😉
These Cranberry Cream Cheese Puffs are super duper easy. You want to start by thawing your Puff Pastry. This usually takes about 40 minutes at room temperature so make sure you giveaway yourself time to do that! Once the pastry is done thawing this comes together in about 25 minutes or less.
In a small sauce pan bring 1 cup cranberries, 1/2 cup cold water and 1/3 cup sugar to a rapid boil or until the cranberries pop. Then cube one block of cream cheese and add to the cranberry sauce stirring until everything is incorporated.
Then cut your puff pastry sheets into 24 even squares. I laid them on top of each other and then used a pizza cutter to help make sure they were as even as possible. I failed pretty miserably on the making sure they were even part. Note to readers. Slow and steady wins the race!
Now you want to separate the the pieces. On one side spread your cranberry cream cheese filling in the center. I started with a tablespoon and would add more or less depending on the size of my square!
Brush the sides with an egg wash.
Place the matching square on top and seal!
Place in the oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately.
You will most likely have some extra filling. You can use it for spreading more on the pastries or store it in the fridge and use in place of Mayo on your Turkey and Stuffing sandwiches!
- Defrost your 2 sheets of Puff Pastry for 40 minutes at room temperature or according to package directions.
- Once your sheets have defrosted or have about 10 minutes left preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small pot bring 1 cup fresh cranberries, 1/2 cup cold water and 1/3 cup sugar to a rapid boil.
- Let boil until cranberries pop open.
- Once the cranberries pop open add the cream cheese in small chunks and stir until the cream cheese has melted. Take off the stove and set aside.
- Cut your pastry sheets into 24 even squares.
- Place a tablespoon of the Cranberry Cream Cheese on 12 squares. Brush the edges with an egg wash created by whisking 1 egg with 1 teaspoon water. Place the other 12 squares over each square and seal the edges.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place your 12 squares about an inch apart and bake for 12-15 minutes.
The awesome flavors of Bud Light Lime Ritas are so incredibly delicious that wherever they go, a party happens! For more Fiesta Inspiration, visit https://www.facebook.com/budlightlimeritas!
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Anheuser Busch via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Anheuser Busch.