I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Arla Dofino. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
Every week for almost a year now I’ve been getting together with a great group of ladies for playgroup. It’s been amazing and I feel so lucky that after so many years of having little to no friends in this area that I’m finally starting to make some. It’s been a huge blessing! In the last three months our play group has pretty much doubled. Instead of just a core group of 3-4 moms (including me) we’ve added another 3-4 moms and it seems like every time we meet up we have someone new attending, it’s been awesome!
The more moms that come the more challenges that come with trying to meet everyone’s needs especially when one of the regulars went gluten free for her daughter who attends the group. For some reason I totally blank out when it comes to gluten free options. Apparently I have a very gluten filled diet! ACK!
If you’re in a play group are your kids are in school you probably have this challenge too. When I host I do like to make sure that I have options available for EVERYONE. And the next time we get together I’m determined to have a TON of options!
So to help me AND YOU, here are 10 Gluten Free Snack Ideas to help get you started if you’re going gluten free or if you know someone who is.
1. Popcorn–I love popcorn and I love it even more now that we have an air popper and pop our own popcorn. There are so many different ways that you can dress it up! I see a ranch popcorn in my future!
2. Sunflower Seeds–Yet another favorite of mine! I could eat them all day long and they’re typically one of my favorite summer snacks. It brings me back to the days of spending all my nights at the baseball field!
3. Raisins–You can serve these plain or make ants on a log; Celery with Peanut Butter in the middle and raisins on top!
4. Cheese–Hi, my name is Christa and I’m a cheese addict. There are so many different varieties of cheese that you could literally only serve cheese and every single person would find a flavor that they can’t get enough of our! Our latest play date involved some Arla Dofino Fontina cheese. We had crackers (both gluten free and regular) available. I love bring Arla Dofino Cheese for play date because it’s naturally delicious. There are no added hormones and few ingredients all of which I can pronounce. Which is a major win in my book.
5. Pickles–Another one of my favorites! Can’t go wrong with a good pickle! BONUS: Olives would also work as a great gluten free snack!
6. Smoothies–Smoothies are a fun option but probably work best when you’re having the play date at your house. You can really do anything for these and let the kids pick and choose what they want in it. It would be a fun activity too “Make Your Own Smoothies” Play date! This one here is even lactose free for those who are lactose intolerant!
7. Hard-Boiled Eggs-This is one of my sister’s favorite snacks! You can learn how to make perfect hard boiled eggs here.
8. Edamame Beans. I <3 edamame beans. These are a picture of them with the shells on but you can peel the shells and eat the bean inside. They’re a great source of protein and are Ah-may-zing on salads and plain. You can flavor them anyway you like!
9. Assorted Veggies. I love the idea of the veggies being in individual cups ready to eat. Makes it super easy to serve! Details here.
10. Assorted Fruit–Just like the individual cups of veggies with dip I love fruit kebobs. Such a fun way to serve fruit! Details here.
As I was trying to figure out gluten free snacks I was so surprised how many gluten free items were already major favorites of mine! These are all seriously some of my favorite things to eat! Especially CHEESE. I was so excited to try the Arla Dofina cheeses for our last play date. Arla Dofina makes it easy to have a quick, natural and nutritious snack. We had Fontina, Smoked Gouda and a Creamy Harvarti. It was the first time I was having Fontina and I was majorly impressed it was so delicious. At another play date I brought the Creamy Harvarti and OH MY!
It was amazing and creamy and it seriously didn’t last longer than 15 minutes. We all ate it up! I was told it also tastes amazing when paired with fresh strawberries and blueberries. Another great thing about Arla Dofino? Their cheeses have been crafted in Wisconsin for more than 100 years making them a longstanding quality product of the USA!
More Cheese please!