On January 30th my boy turned 4. I can’t believe it’s been four years since I wrote this. These last four years have changed me in so many ways and he gave me the most amazing gift ever, the ability to be a mother.
At Four Mason is
Funny. He always wants to tell me jokes!
“Why did the chicken cross the road?'”
“I don’t know, why?”
Did I mention he is a boy’s boy? Poop? Funniest thing ever!
He may be a boy’s boy, but he’s also a Mama’s boy! He wants me to do everything for him, B will just not do. At times it’s frustrating but it’s also sweet too. He loves his mama.
Mason is sweet and kind. He will often tell me that he loves me. For no reason at all. We’ll just be doing something and he’ll say “Mommy” and I’ll say “yes, Mason?” and he says “I Love you”.
Speaking of Love. He loves his baby sister! They had a rocky start but it’s clear how much he loves her. Like when he said to her:
“If I get a baby brother, I won’t give you away”
I’m so beyond lucky to have this boy! On Mason’s 4th Birthday I asked him a series of questions, the same questions I asked him last year when he turned three. Some of his answers were kinda random (imagine that for a 4 year old) so I put my thoughts in italics!
1. What is your favorite color? Red
2. What is your favorite toy? The ones that I just got (Switch and Go Dinos, anything Car/Dinosaur)
3. What is your favorite fruit? Apple
4. What is your favorite tv show? Ninja Turtles (Jake and the Neverland Pirates)
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? sandwich
6. What is your favorite outfit? boots, jeans and spiderman shit
7. What is your favorite game? Ninja turtles rooftop (Running with Bulls, NBA Rush)
8. What is your favorite snack? apple
9. What is your favorite animal? Elephant
10. What is your favorite song? Crusin for a Brusin (also Let it Go from Frozen)
11. What is your favorite book? Monster’s Inc
12. Who is your best friend? Isaac
13. What is your favorite cereal? Cheerios (I don’t think he’s ever had Cheerios, he likes anything that has sugar in it, shocker right?)
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? play. (duh)
15. What is your favorite drink? juice. orange juice.
16. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? flashlight friend
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? every food.
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? bacon and eggs
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? baseball player
Here’s to many many more years with my sweet boy, I can’t wait to see what this next year brings!