This post brought to you by Dollar General. All opinions are 100% mine.
One of my neighbors is a huge fan of Dollar General, she’s always telling me about the great deals she got there. I figured it was time I headed over there and saw these deals for myself!
This wasn’t the first time I’ve been to Dollar General but it is the first time I’d been in a while and I had forgotten what a huge selection of items they had! I was particularly surprised at the amount Dollar General Holiday items including everything you would need for preparing your most favorite holiday meals. When I think of Christmas the first thing that comes to mind is desserts. In fact, I’m pretty sure that’s all I eat all month long!
I’m obsessed with anything Mint flavored so this time of year is my favorite for desserts. I’ve been dying to make fudge for quite some time and with how easy it is I’m pretty sure it will be a new holiday tradition. Mint Chocolate Fudge.
I can’t get over how easy it is.
On your stove top melt 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips and 1 cup of condensed milk.
Once melted add 2 teaspoons peppermint extract. Pour half the mixture into a 9 inch pan lined with wax paper.
Then on low heat in a small sauce pan melt 1 cup Green Mint Chocolate Chips and the remaining sweetened condensed milk.
Once melted pour over the chocolate fudge in the pan
Let cool for 5 minutes and then add the remaining layer of chocolate fudge
Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving!
- Line a 9 inch square pan with wax paper
- In a medium sauce pan over low heat melt 12 oz of chocolate chips with 1 cup of sweetened condensed milk.
- Remove from heat and add 2 teaspoons mint extract.
- Pour half the mixture into the pan and let cool in the refrigerator for 5 minutes. Keep the remaining at room temperature.
- In a small sauce pan, melt 8oz Green Mint Chocolate chips with the remaining sweetened condensed milk. If you can't find Green Mint Chocolate chips you can use white chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon mint extract and green food coloring.
- Once the green mint chocolate chips and condensed milk have melted completey pour over the chocolate fudge, let cool for another 5 minutes and then add the remaining layer of chocolate that you had set aside earlier.
- Let cool for 2 hours in the refrigerator before serving.