I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and its client.
Recently B and I have really challenged ourselves to make something out of the norm for us every single week. At times it has been a challenge. It isn’t always easy to come up with something new and exciting to eat especially with the craziness of the holidays. In an effort to find different out of the box Thanksgiving and Christmas recipes I’ve been scouring cook books and online resources. Nothing has quite jumped out at me yet but while doing my shopping at Walmart and going up and down every single aisle looking for more inspiration I came up with a Buffalo Chicken Ranch Smothered in Cheddar Cheese that would be perfect for getting together with friends and family during the holidays to catch a football game together!
It combines the classic flavors of football, ranch and buffalo best of all? It was quick and easy to throw together making it the perfect week night meal or the perfect OMG WE WERE SUPPOSE TO BRING SOMETHING MEAL. <—That has happened to me way too often lately!
I debated whether or not to do a step by step, because it’s seriously that easy! But habit got the best of me. Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees. Then set up 2 plates, one with approximately 1/2 cup Kraft Ranch Dressing and the other with both packets of Buffalo Shake N Bake.
Make sure the buffalo Shake N’ Bake is spread out evenly on the plate then dredge the chicken in the ranch dressing covering on both sides. Next coat each side of the chicken with the Buffalo Shake N’ Bake. If you have little ones I would ONLY dredge it in the ranch and cook the chicken in a small separate dish which is what I did for Mason!
Place the finished pieces in a 11×19 glass baking dish
Repeat until all pieces are coated with both the ranch and buffalo Shake N Bake
Place in the oven and set a timer for 15 minutes. While the chicken is baking peel and cut your carrots into quarters and place in a pot to steam. Also prepare your Stove Top Stuffing for Chicken according to package directions.
When your timer goes off cover your chicken with Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese and bake for another 5 minutes.
Once the cheese has melted and the chicken is cooked through serve immediately with carrots and stuffing!
This dish was so yummy and the Shake N’ Bake packs a nice spicy punch but the ranch cools it down just perfectly! For us this is a dish we’ll be making again and bringing to family functions, we all like spicy so our family will love it too!
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Clean 2lbs chicken. Set up two plates. One with 1/2 cup ranch dressing and the other with two packets (1 package) Buffalo Shake N' Bake. Make sure to spread out the Shake N Bake evenly on the plate.
- Take your chicken and coat it on both sides with the ranch dressing then place the chicken on the Shake N' Bake, use a fork to pick up the chicken, flip and coat the other side. Repeat with all the chicken. If you have a little one I suggest skipping the Buffalo coating for them.
- Place the finished pieces in a 11x19 glass baking dish. When all pieces haven been coated place in the oven and set a timer for 15 minutes.
- While the chicken is baking peel and cut your carrots into quarters and place in a pot to steam. Also prepare your Stove Top Stuffing for Chicken according to package directions.
- When your timer goes off cover your chicken with Kraft Shredded Cheddar Cheese and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Let cool for 3 minutes before plating and serving!