Have you been to a baby store lately? There are car seats EVERY WHERE. When I was pregnant with Mason I remember seeing 15+ infant car seats, another 15+ convertible seats and another 10 or so forward facing seats. As a first time Mom I was so overwhelmed. I didn’t know which ones where the “best” I didn’t know what was important and what was just a perk or strictly vanity.
2 1/2 years and 2 kids later I feel much more competent about picking out car seats and knowing what works for our family. With that knowledge I’m going to go over the Boulevard 70-G3.
- HUGS Chest Pads with SafeCell Technology are affixed to the seat shell to ensure proper positioning while SafeCells compress to manage energy and provide resistance to the forward movement of your child in a crash, reducing the risk of head injury
- EZ-Buckle System retains the harness buckle in a forward position and prevents the child from sitting on the buckle when boarding
- True Side Impact Protection is deep side walls with energy-absorbing EPP foam along with a head restraint which offers a double layer of EPP foam to distribute crash forces, shield from vehicle intrusion, and contain the head, neck and body while keeping them “in true” or aligned
- Base with SafeCell Technology features SafeCells designed to compress in a crash, significantly lowering the center of gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of the child seat which normally propels the child toward the front seat
- Integrated Steel Bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash
- Energy-Absorbing Versa-Tether features a staged-release tether webbing to slow the forward movement, reducing the crash forces reaching the child, and a two-point attachment to minimize forward rotation while anchoring the top of the child seat
- Tangle-Free, Five-Point Harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit
- 70-pound Weight Capacity for safety and comfort as your child grows
- Rear and Forward Facing Recline for child comfort and positioning
- High Density Comfort Foam provides an extra layer of padding to gently cushion your child
- Plush, Easy-Remove Cover with matching comfort pads and infant body pillow to provide extra comfort and easy cleaning without disassembling or uninstalling the child seat
- Two Buckle Positions offer a snug and secure fit for your growing child
- Infant Positioning Insert may be necessary for small infants to achieve a snug fit of the harness around your child (sold separately)
- Quick-Adjust, No-Rethread Harness repositions the harness shoulder height without disassembling the harness straps
- Premium Lower LATCH Connectors for a quick and simple installation featuring a push button for easy release
- Built-in Lock-Offs ensure a snug lap and shoulder belt installation with minimal effort
- Anti-Slip, Contoured Base grips and protects the vehicle seat while offering optimum vehicle fit
- Harness Holders keep harness straps pulled to the sides when placing your child in the car seat
- Certified for Aircraft Travel
Please Note: The American Academy of Pediatrics now recommends that children rear face up until AT LEAST 2 years. The law is 1 year & 20lbs as mentioned above in the Fit Chart however I highly recommend continuing to rear face until 2 and beyond. Currently I have Mason rear facing he is 3 1/2, 30lbs and
This is one of the easiest car seats I have ever installed. We used the LATCH system to install the seat as well as the Versa-Tether which Britax HIGHLY recommends you use when installing your car seat. I’ve had some seats that were really hard to tighten and that was no the case with this seat. I was easily able to click in the LATCH and tighter the straps. All it took was a little weight on the seat not a TON. After installing the LATCH system I installed the Versa-Tether which was really simple thanks to my car! The tether also tighten easily and helped to get and even tighter install and better recline while rear facing as indicated by the line level on the seat being level with the ground!
Ease of Use
How easy a car seat is to use can often be the difference between the seat being safe and the seat not being safe. If it’s hard to adjust the straps you may not be able to get the best and SAFEST install.
This seat is very user friendly when it comes to adjusting the harness straps height as well as the strap length for tightness around the baby. Adjusting the Harness Straps height is as simple as pushing a button and lifting or lowering. Tightening or loosening the straps just involves pushing a button that you can find in the front of the seat and pulling on the straps.
To show how easy it is to adjust here is Kyla (7 Months, appx 17lbs) in the seat:
and shortly after Mason (3 1/2, 30lbs, 36″)
As a side note despite Mason’s face he loves this seat and said over and over again how much he likes his new seat and “thank you” for the seat! It was adorable! And for those who are wondering if my 3 1/2 year old is comfortable rear facing the answer is YES! Comfortable and Safe! Win, win!
How it compares to other Britax Seats
Britax has a Fit My Child tool that make it really easy to figure out the perfect seat for you and your family. The first step is to answer questions about your child then it lets you know what seats would work for your child.
Next you want to compare the seats so you can see what each feature is, why you would want it and decide if you need it. Here is an example of comparing the following three seats
This car seat has a ton of great safety features and is easy to install using the LATCH system. I love that it has the ability to do a rear facing tether (not all car seats can do this) for a night tight and safe install. I would recommend it!
Britax on Facebook
Britax on YouTube
Britax Boulevard 70-G3 Retails for $319.99 but you can find it on Amazon RIGHT NOW for $233.99
Safety matters when it comes to car seats. I want one that will protect my child. And Britax convertible car seats have so many safety features — and knowing that makes me feel like my child is safe while in the car. Click here to learn more about Britax safety features.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Britax. The opinions and text are 100% mine.