This post brought to you by McCormick & Company. All opinions are 100% mine.
B and I try to eat fish at least once a week, it really helps to switch things up and eat something different. We don’t always get to do it but we try and it always feels like a nice special treat.
This week we made some Baja Fish Tacos using McCormick Seasoning for the breading. I have never had fish tacos before, I know, I know, CRAZY so I was really excited to give these Baja Fish Tacos from McCormick.com a try!
To make things super fresh we made our own tortillas but you don’t have too (even though they’re amazing). The homemade tortillas do add some time to this dish so if you’re in a crunch I would pick them up from the store! Everything else is super easy and quick to throw together making it a perfect week night meal.
Baja Fish Tacos
adapted from McCormick.com
1/4 cup cornmeal
4 teaspoons McCormick Chili Pepper
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 Teaspoon McCormick Garlic Powder
1 lb tilapia fillets
Vegetable Oil (for frying)
8 Flour Tortillas
1 tbs Sugar
1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 Cup Mayo
Flour Tortillas (Makes 12)
- Mix coleslaw 1 cup Mayo, 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar and 1 tbs sugar. Cover and place in the fridge.
- If you’re making your own tortillas follow this recipe.
- Once the tortillas are done–Mix 1/4 cup cornmeal, 4 teaspoons McCormick Chili Pepper, 3/4 teaspoon salt , and 1/2 Teaspoon McCormick Garlic Powder in shallow dish. Coat fish evenly with cornmeal mixture.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat.
- Add fish; cook 3 to 5 minutes per side or until golden brown and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve in the fish in the tortillas topped with coleslaw and your choice of toppings.
These were absolutely delicious and we plan on adding them to our monthly meal plan. It’s the perfect change of pace and was light and filling!
This time around I did a little something different, instead of a step by step in pictures here’s step by step in a short instagram video!
Start your dinner on the right foot by wining this McCormick Gift Set and using McCormick seasonings!
To Enter to win the Gift Set above tell me in the comments below– “What’s your favorite McCormick spice?”