I’m happy to report that so far we are loving our new car seat for Kyla!
Since we have the Maxi Cosi Mico I was super excited to get and test out the Maxi Cosi AP for review. I posted about my Maxi Cosi AP review first impressions here and now I want to talk more in depth about the seat.
- Lightest premium infant car seat available*
- For children rear-facing from 5-22 pounds and up to 29” in height
- Superior Side Impact Performance with Air Protect® technology
- Includes a convenient stay-in-car adjustable base
- Premium fabrics and padding for a comfy ride
- Includes Cozi-Dozi™ infant support for smaller babies
- Integrated canopy, always on hand and easy to store
- Flip-out visor on canopy for extra protection when needed
- 5-point harness with up-front harness adjustment
- Adapters to use Mico as travel system included with compatible Maxi-Cosi and Quinny strollers**
- Adapters for many other premium strollers available from the stroller manufacturer
*When compared to similarly priced infant car seats as of April 2013.
The Maxi Cosi Mico AP comes in an amazing amount of colors, it’s so hard deciding which one to get and I’m semi kicking myself for getting black. Don’t get me wrong it looks super sleek and is gender neutral but some of the colors that have are just brilliant!
How Install is Holding Up
We used the LATCH system to install the base which you can learn more about here. As a safety precaution I check the install on my car seat about once a week. I do it by simply “pushing and pulling” on the base of the seat to see if it moves, if it moves more than an inch in either direction it needs to be reinstalled. I have had other seats that need to be tightened up more often than I would like (think anywhere from daily to weekly depending on the seat). I’m happy to report that so far I have NOT had to fix the install on this seat which is always a plus because it saves me time and gives me more peace of mind.
How Kyla Likes It
Kyla seems to be really comfortable in this seat. I’m able to get her in and out of the seat without adjusting the harness straps which is a huge plus for me. I would find it frustrating if I had to readjust the harness straps every single time I got her in and out of the seat.
Would I recommend it?
Yes, I had the first version of this seat which at the time rated #2 on Consumer Reports. It rated ABOVE the #1 seat in safety so in my eyes that makes it #1. With the new and improved seat I’m loving it even more. I love the AirProtect Feature which provides a side impact cushion system that protects your baby’s head, where it’s needed most.
Maxi Cosi Mico AP retails for $199.99
Want to win it? I’ll be hosting a giveaway later this week!