Mason has been getting harder and harder to feed lately. There was a time when he used to eat whatever we were making, not only would he eat it, but he would eat the whole thing! But lately he hasn't been eating as well and we've been doing a lot of snacking.
I honestly don't mind having him snack all day long as long as the snacks are relatively healthy. Usually I can get away with healthy snacks all day long, almonds, carrots, apples etc. But there comes a certain point where he wants something a little different then the same old same old and that's where the Dark Chocolate Acai with Blueberry Trail Mix comes in. It's still relatively healthy but it gives him a little taste of some chocolate too. The Brookside Chocolate that I used for the trail mix doesn't just add a chocolate flavor though, it has a fruit flavored center! And who doesn't love some trail mix with chocolate?!
1 Cup Granola (we used a Fruit and Nut Variety)
3 oz Raisins
4oz Brookside Dark Chocolate Acai with Blueberry
5 oz Raw Almonds
4 oz Dry Roasted Peanuts
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
2. Toss 5 oz Raw Almonds with 1/4 teaspoon salt and a small squirt of olive oil (this will help the salt stay on the almonds)
3. Bake the almonds for about 6-8 minutes or until fragrant be sure to keep a close watch on them.
4. While the almonds are baking combine the remaining ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
5. Let the almonds cool before adding them to he mixture.
6. Add the almonds, toss all ingredients together, grab a handful and ENJOY!
This was super simple to make and even more simple if you purchase the almonds already roasted. We like to switch our almond flavors up which is why we get the raw verison.
The Brookside chocolate adds a delicious deminison to the trail mix and the perfect amount of fruit flavor to complement the trail mix.
I used Brookside Chocoates to give this trail mixture a sweet diminesion. You can discover Brookside on October 5th by heading to your local Sam's Club for Samples!