While we were on vacation this year I spent some time catching up on the magazines I get in the mail and the ones I get digitally. One of the only ones I still have hard copies of is Eating Well. I just started getting it and am incredibly impressed. It has great recipes and lots of information about you guessed it, eating well!
When Pillsbury reached out to me to create a recipe with their refrigerated pizza dough I immediately thought back to the Pizz’alads I read about in a recent issues and decided that I wanted to make a Buffalo Chicken & Blue Cheese Pizz’alad.
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Then heat your oil to fry chicken cutlets on medium/high heat. While your oil is heating up clean about 1lb of chicken cutlets. Then coat each piece in flour, then egg and then chicken breader. Place in your oil and cook on each side for approximately 5 minutes. Both sides should be golden brown and the chicken should be cooked through. Set the chicken aside.
Roll out 1 Pillsbury Classic Crust on a 11×17 cookie sheet
Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until the edges become golden. While the dough is cooking chop the chicken into pieces and toss with 1/4 cup hot sauce
Add 2 cups of mixed greens, one shredded carrot, 2oz buffalo blue cheese, and ranch
Mix it up. Do yourself a favor and use a MUCH bigger bowl.
When the crust is done spread ranch dressing over the crust, how much is up to you but it doesn’t have to be too much, altogether I used about 1/4 cup of ranch including the dressing on the salad.
and then spread the salad on top
Slice into pieces and ENJOY!
B who usually doesn’t say anything unless I ask was really impressed with this dinner, he liked it a lot and wanted to make sure that we add it to our meal rotation. B and I both loved that it was light and filling at the same time. Even Mason thought it was pretty cool, although a little too spicy so next time around I’ll probably do something not so spicy!
- Clean 1lb Chicken cutlets.
- Heat oil in a frying pan for the chicken cutlets on medium to high heat. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat the chicken cutlets piece by piece in flour, then egg and finally chicken breader. Cook until both sides are golden brown and the chicken is cooked through. Place the chicken on a paper towel to absorb extra oil. Repeat until all the chicken has been fried.
- Set the chicken aside.
- Open up your pizza dough and spread out onto a 11x13 cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- While the pizza dough is cooking chop up the chicken and combine with 1/4 cup hot sauce. Then add 2 cups of salad, 2 oz Buffalo Blue Cheese and 1 carrot shredded. Drizzle ranch (approximately 1/8 of a cup) dressing on top and combine.
- When the dough is done spread ranch dressing on the crust and spread the salad and chicken mixture on top of the crust.
Thanks to Pillsbury for helping to inspire this dish which will grace our dinner table again!
Pizza crust that’s deliciously easy! Unroll, bake and enjoy in minutes. Pillsbury pizza crust, it’s the perfect canvas for your favorite toppings.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by General Mills via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of General Mills.