Disclosure: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for belVita. I received product samples to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.
Not too long ago myself and a friend were talking about how we rarely if ever eat breakfast. How we feed the kids but almost always forgot to feed ourselves. How does this even happen? Here we are preparing breakfast for the kids yet we don’t even feed ourselves.
For me it’s because I get distracted. I’ll be making Mason something to eat, I’ll hand it over to him and then I’ll check some emails, and then Kyla needs to eat again and go to sleep. And then it’s time for Mason to have his snack and I need to straighten up and then it’s almost noon and I’m feeling light headed and then I realize. whelp. I haven’t eaten yet today even though I’ve been up for hours.
1. Crockpot breakfast casserole. You’ve used it for dinner why not breakfast? By the time you wake up in the morning your breakfast (and breakfast for the entire family) will be ready!
2. Crockpot Oatmeal. This is another great breakfast you can make in your crockpot that will feed the whole family!
3. Hard Boiled Eggs. These are great for breakfast because they provide a lot of protein which will help keep you fuller longer! Learn how to make perfect ones here.
4. Fruit! You can never beat fruit in the morning, it gets metabolism going and it’s so easy to grab and go. Add a hard boiled egg and you’ve got a great filling breakfast!
5. Overnight Refrigerator Oatmeal. This is a great way to have a healthy meal on the go. You can bring it with you to work and finish it while checking your emails!
6. Belvita Soft Baked Breakfast Biscuits. Quick and Easy is the theme of this post and most of these things do that but you really can’t beat how easy grabbing a Belvita Breakfast Biscuit is and walking out the door. I really enjoyed how quick and easy they were and how they provided 20% of the daily fiber that I needed. Add a piece of fruit and I’m full until lunch time! They come in two flavors, Oats & Chocolate and Mixed Berry. Being a chocolate girl, I of course preferred the Oats & Chocolate. 🙂
7. Egg Muffins. I make these in bulk and then freeze them. When I’m ready to eat I wrap them in a paper towel and cook for one minute. Full recipe here.
What are your quick and easy breakfast ideas?
A huge plus of planning for quick and easy breakfasts is it helps de-stress your morning. belVita teamed up with Lifestyle Mom, Dana Hilmer for more de-stressing ideas:
- Think about the activities you sign your kids up and how it will effect your family life. 2 activities may be fine but three may be one too much! Figure out what your priorities are for your family!
- Get ready the night before! Picking out outfits and packing lunches the night before are a great way to make the morning go smoothly!
- Keep Healthy Snacks on hand for when after school hunger hits
- Schedule some me time for yourself so that you feel refreshed and energized
- Make to do lists–organize them in to-dos for yourself, your family and your job. Work on those first.
- Meal Plan!
- Just Say No–have too much on your plate already? Don’t take on another task.
- Keep the kids healthy. You can try these natural ways for boosting immunity.
- Build a Support Network. Find people you can trust who can offer you support when you need it an vice versa. You’re immediate family is a great place to start!