Yesterday Oz the Great and Powerful was released, I was lucky enough to get my own copy sent to me to review almost TWO weeks before it was released. I can’t believe it’s been over a year since I announced that it would come out in March with a subtle “I’m Pregnant” hint!
B and I had not seen the movie until it came out so we got to enjoy it in the comfort of our own home.
Oscar Diggs (James Franco), a small-time circus magician with dubious ethics, is hurled away from dusty Kansas to the vibrant Land of Oz. At first he thinks he’s hit the jackpot-fame and fortune are his for the taking. That all changes, however, when he meets three witches, Theodora (Mila Kunis), Evanora (Rachel Weisz), and Glinda (Michelle Williams), who are not convinced he is the great wizard everyone’s been expecting. Reluctantly drawn into the epic problems facing the Land of Oz and its inhabitants, Oscar must find out who is good and who is evil before it is too late. Putting his magical arts to use through illusion, ingenuity-and even a bit of wizardry-Oscar transforms himself not only into the great and powerful Wizard of Oz but into a better man as well. Written by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures
Even though I had heard a lot about the movie I didn’t really know much of the basics or rather with the arrival of Kyla I had forgotten pretty much anything that I had heard! Babies will do that to you!
Overall I loved the movie! I thought the special effects were great, I especially loved seeing the gorgeous Mila Kunis turned into the Wicked Witch of the East!
It doesn’t seem possible that someone that pretty could be that Wicked and Green!
The wardrobes were amazing too, I LOVED the dresses, so beautiful
The Combo pack has Bonus Features too! To name a few:
- Mr. Elfman’s Musical Concoctions–Explore more about the movie’s Score!
- Walt Disney and the Road to Oz
- “The Magic of ‘Oz The Great and Powerful’ Second Screen Feature” that provides viewers with an immersive opportunity to journey into the fantastical lands of Oz
- James Franco’s personal story of his journey to the land of Oz that is produced and directed by the Oscar® nominated star himself
- Golden Globe® nominee Mila Kunis’ makeup metamorphosis which is hosted by Academy Award®-winning makeup artist Howard Berger (which you can see in the clip above)
- A back-stage journey through each of the visual effects process that brought China Girl to life including an interview with Joey King
I loved seeing Oz’s story of how he arrived in Oz. I love prequels and the insights they can offer into some of the classics! I’m excited to see if Disney will explore more areas of the wonderful world of Oz! I’ll be tuning in if they do!
Disclosure: I was sent a review copy of Oz the Great and Powerful. All opinions are my own.