I have the computer I’m using right now for the last three years or so. Since I’ve gotten it it’s needed a couple of repairs, new battery, new charger and a new keyboard. I’ve also had to purchase a new external hard drive because it’s out of memory. The new keyboard wasn’t the computer’s fault though! It was Mason’s! Shortly after having Kyla Mason got mad at me for telling him to be gentle with his sister marched into the living and ripped off most of my letter keys. Good thing I know how to install a keyboard right?
My latest issue with my computer is, thanks to my negligence, 3 out of my 4 USB ports are broken. I had to get something to turn my 1 USB into two so I could upload pictures and save pictures to my external hard drive. It’s working for now but I know that soon enough I’m going to need a new computer. Unfortunately I have no idea where to start.
I know I need something that has a fast processor and a decent amount of memory but beyond that I don’t know WHAT I need. I wish I could get a MacPro but I would need something like http://www.cashwindow.co.uk if I actually want to purchase it some time soon!
But truthfully I’m okay with getting a PC. Although I’m familiar with Macs I’m much better with PCs. I’ve been looking at the Dell Inspiron 15 i15RM-4146SLV 15.6-Inch Laptop.
- 3rd Generation Intel Core i5-3337U Processor (3M Cache, up to 2.7 GHz)
- 8 GB DDR3 RAM
- 1 TB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
- 15.6-Inch Screen
- Windows 8
I have a Dell now though and I kinda want to get something that’s different. I’ve also been debating getting an HP. I was specifically looking at the HP Envy dv6 Laptop.
- Genuine Windows® 8 64; 3rd generation Intel Core i7-3630QM Processor 2.4GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.40GHz
- 750GB 5400RPM hard drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection, 8GB DDR3 SDRAM (2 Dimm)
- 15.6-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit display (1366 x 768), SuperMulti DVD burner; 6 Cell Battery
- Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000; 802.11b/g/n WLAN; 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN; 120W AC Power Adapter
- Standard Keyboard; Beats Audio & HP Triple Bass Reflex Subwoofer; Fingerprint Reader; 3 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Ports; 1 Year HP Warranty
Sony VAIO SVF15212CXW seems like another viable option too!
- Intel Core i3-3227U
- 4 GB DDR3L SDRAM
- 500 GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
- 15.5-Inch Screen