I love this time of the year, so many fresh fruits and vegetables at the Farmer’s Market and you can even pick your own! I went to the Farmer’s Market yesterday and got a nice big basket of Strawberries freshly picked and they were no spray, which is great since Strawberries are on the Dirty Dozen list. But I really can’t wait to go to a U-Pick farm so I can make this Strawberry Bread again. If you can’t find a U-Pick farm near your house I highly encourage you to check out your local Farmer’s market so you can make some freshly picked Strawberry Bread.
Plus berries from the Farmer’s Market or ones that you pick are so much yummier than store bought!
I first made the Strawberry Bread when I had the Dunkin Donuts Party I made something to go with each of the coffees, Coconut Cookies and Triple Berry Jam were the other items I made. I was so excited with the way everything turned out and everyone else was too, so of course I had to share the Strawberry Bread recipe.
I baked this the morning of the party so I didn’t have time for a step by step but it’s all pretty simple and easy to do and with it being Strawberry season it’s pretty much perfect to make. I plan on making another loaf soon since it was such a hit with Mason and B!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and butter and flour a loaf pan.
- Place 1/2 cup toasted almonds on a baking sheet and bake for about 8 minutes or until the almonds are lightly toasted. Remove from the oven and let cool. My almonds were pre sliced so it took slightly less than this to toast. Play close attention to your almonds if they're already chopped or sliced.
- Beat 1/2 cup butter until softened.
- Add 3/4 cup white sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add 3 large eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, whisk together 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Add the flour mixture and yogurt alternating, starting and ending with the flour. Mix until combined and then carefully fold in the diced strawberries and toasted almonds.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 60-70 minutes. When done the bread should be golden brown and a tooth pick inserted into the middle will come out clean. .
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before removing the bread from the pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.