Disclosure: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Dunkin’ Donuts. I received a Dunkin’ DonutsParty Kit to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.
If I’ve said it once I’ve said it a thousand times. One of the main things I miss about living in Virginia is that I don’t have a Dunkin Donuts near me. The closest one is 20 minutes away and unfortunately on most days that is way too far away for my liking! While I love their every day items I’m also sad that it seems like I always miss out on the seasonal items but that doesn’t always have to be the case. This Summer Dunkin Donuts had come out with three different Seasonal Flavors, Triple Berry, Strawberry Shortcake and Coconut and you can buy them all at your local grocery store!
I was instantly intrigued by the Coconut and was inspired to make Coconut Cookies in honor of the Coconut flavor for my Dunkin Donuts party (recipe below)
I was so excited to have a few girlfriends over for the Dunkin Donuts party not only so we could all try out the Seasonal Coffee BUT because of the awesome gift bag I got to hand out when the fun was over.
I made the Coconut Cookies to match the Coconut Coffee, Triple Berry Jam to match the Triple Berry Coffee and finally I made Strawberry Bread to match the Strawberry Shortcake.
I know what you’re thinking, why didn’t you make Strawberry Shortcake? 1) That’s SO obvious and 2) I needed something for the jam to go on!
I made a semi huge batch of Coconut Iced Coffee for all my guests and then made the other two as requested. It worked out perfectly. Everyone was really loving the Coconut especially when combined with Vanilla Creamer!
It’s been my go to since having the party this week. Because I’m not much of a Berry flavored person I was surprised at how many of my guests were! I brewed a pot of the Triple Berry and the Strawberry Shortcake and not only did my guests love it but I was also pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed the berry/coffee combo!
And now what you’ve all been waiting for. The Coconut Cookie Recipe.
Let me tell you. These cookies were chewy and delicious and all kinds of perfect. I couldn’t stop eating them and neither could anyone else!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine the 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda and 1/4 teaspoon salt and set aside.
- Beat a 1/2 cup butter, 1/2 cup packed brown sugar and 1/2 cup white sugar in a medium sized bowl until cream.
- Slowly beat in 1 egg and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Slowly blend in the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture.
- When the flour is completely mixed in add 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut.
- Drop dough onto your cookie sheet by the teaspoonful making sure the cookies are at least 3 inches apart!
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack before serving.
Wondering about the Strawberry Cake and Triple Berry recipe? Coming soon to a blog near you (hint: it’s this blog).