When I first got Ola! Granola to review I immediately started inhaling it, it was so delicious especially the No Nut Vanilla but since I love to bake I thought I should bake something with it. Luckily for me, I do this thing were I always buy bananas as if someone in my family is going to actually eat them when they’re fresh. See, I don’t like bananas (the texture really gets to me) and neither does Mason. So they always end up going bad for but we *do* like Banana Bread so this time when I noticed the bananas were bad I decided to make a Peanut Butter Banana Bread with a Ola! Granola topping.
We got all three flavors of the Ola! Granola line to try
Cranberry Orange Pecan
No Nut Vanilla
I really loved the Vanilla Almond and No Nut Vanilla which is why when I decided to make the Peanut Butter Banana Bread I went with the No Nut Vanilla for my topping.
As soon as I woke up yesterday morning I got started. I always like to do my baking in the morning, it makes the house smell good for the entire day! I was so excited with how easy it was to make and it has got nothing but rave reviews from Mason and B.
This recipe is pretty much foul proof. Combine the ingredients, mix it up, bake it and enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Use Cooking Spray or butter to grease an 8x4 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups all-purpose flour, ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- and ½ teaspoon salt.
- In another large bowl whisk together the 3 mashed bananas banana, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup light brown sugar, 1/3 cup buttermilk, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 2 eggs and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the flour mixture.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and smooth to the top to make sure it's a nice even layer.
- Use a pastry blender to combine the softened butter, brown sugar and Ola! Granola
- Bake for 15 minutes with the loaf covered with foil. After 15 minutes take the foil off, sprinkle the granola topping onto the bread and continue to bake for the remaining hour.
- When done allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack for the remaining cooling time or slice in and eat warm.
Spray the cup you use to measure out the Peanut Butter with Cooking spray so that it slips easily out of the cup!
Want to make this recipe or any of the recipes you can find on the Ola! website? Enter here to win your very own Ola! Granola!