Lil Snappers sent me a bunch of fruit recently in the hopes that I would make something super yummy from their website and share it here with my readers. I of course was more than happy to do so, Mason loves all types of fruit and I love trying recipes. Since we got three bags of citrus fruit the citrus recipes jumped out at me first and I decided to make Orange Sunrise Pancakes.
All Lil Snappers Fruit are the perfect size for little hands and come in a really handy, stay fresh bag.
We got four types of fruit, Pink Lady Apples, Cara Cara Oranges, Mandarin Oranges (which come with a lot more by the way but B absolutely devoured them) and Minneola Tangerines which are a cross between Tangerines and Grapefruit.
They have so many kid friendly recipes to choose from on the Lil Snappers website and I can’t wait to try all of the apple treats but the recipe that jumped out at me immediately were the Orange Sunrise Pancakes. They sounded absolutely delicious and it turns out, they were!
The recipe calls for the Cara Cara Navel Oranges they are absolutely delicious and refreshing. It’s the perfect pancake as the weather gets warmer.
- In a small bowl combine milk with vinegar and set aside for 5 minutes to sour.
- In a separate large bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk the egg and melted butter into the milk/vinegar mixture.
- Create a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour the milk/egg mixture into the well and whisk until there are no lumps. Add the coconut flakes and the orange zest mix until incorporated.
- Heat a large skillet to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or medium heat if you're using the stove. Spray cooking spray and use a large cookie scoop to create your pancakes. Cook until bubbles appear and then flip, cook until brown on both sides.
- While the pancakes are cooking take your oranges and cute into rounds. Use a sharp knife to cut off the peel then turn on it's side and slice to create circles.
- Place the orange round on top of each pancake and drizzle with maple syrup.
This batter will make a total of 8-9 pancakes.
Lil Snappers products are available in Louisiana (New Orleans), Florida (Jacksonville) and North Carolina at the following locations:
- Ingles Super Markets
- Harris Teeter Super Markets
- Winn Dixie Stores
- C&S Wholesale Groceries
Unfortunately I live in Virginia so I’m going to have to ask my produce manager if they can start ordering Lil Snappers products and you can do the same! I know Mason wants me too, he adored the pancakes and is just as excited as me to try some of the Apple Recipes!