Now that I have two kids it seems like everything take a little bit longer. So when it comes to dinner time I either have B take over or I make something super quick and easy. So when Glam Challenged me to make something yummy with Velveeta I took them up on their offer and tried to keep in mind that I need it to be quick and easy. My other goal was to make something my child would actually eat! In order to do that I decided to stick with a recipe that used minimal ingredients, was normally in your fridge/pantry (or some variant) easy to put together and of course delicious. That meal was Cheesy Sausage and Broccoli Rolls.
The recipe is super easy to make since you only need four ingredients 1lb Hot Italian Sausage, 8oz Velveeta Cheese, 1 cup Broccoli and Crescent Rolls. It’s also great because it’s basically what I like to call a one pot meal. You’re going to end up using one pot and one pan to cook and make EVERYTHING. If you make a double batch you can easily feed a family of four.
Start by cooking 1lb of Hot Italian Sausage. Once it’s cooked about 80% of the way add 8oz of Velveeta Cheese that has been cubed to facilitate melting and 1/2 cup of chopped and cooked Broccoli (steam it while the Sausage is cooking).
Stir until all the cheese has melted. Then open your crescent rolls and separate into two rectangles (four crescents each). place the crescents on top of each other slightly to seal the perforations.
Spread the Sausage, Broccoli and Velveeta mixture on to the crescents, then roll starting starting from the short end. Seal the ends and bake in the oven at 375 Degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the crescents are golden brown.
Let cool for 3-5 minutes before digging in. You can eat it like you would eat a Stromboli or cut it into bite sized pieces like I did for Mason using a serrated knife.
- In a large pot cook 1lb of ground hot Italian Sausage on medium heat.
- While the Sausage is cooking steam 1/2 cup of Broccoli.
- Once the sausage is about 80% done add 8oz of cubed Velveeta for quick and easy melting. Continue to stir as the sausage finishes cooking and the Velveeta melts.
- Chop your cooked Broccoli and add it to your Velveeta and Sausage. Stir so that all ingredients are mixed in.
- Open the crescent rolls and separate into two 4 crescent roll rectangles. Separate the crescents from each other and place back on top of each other to help seal the perforated lines. (see above picture for a visual explanation).
- Spread the Velveeta mixture onto the crescent. Starting from the short end roll the crescent up and seal the ends.
- Cook at 375 for approximately 10-12 minutes or until the roll is a golden brown. Serve One Roll per person. For little hands use a serrated knife to slice into pieces.
Velveeta asked me if I knew any Liquid Gold Diggers. I’ll know more soon
once they taste these dishes! Why? Because Liquid Gold Diggers love the
Liquid Gold of Velveeta.