I’m at this weird point in my pregnancy were I’m hungry but I don’t crave anything and even when I crave it by the time I have it I’m just okay about it once I have it.
And baking and cooking?
I have done far too little of it. It’s hard to make things when you’re not craving things!
I decided I needed to give myself a kick in the butt and I decided to make my favorite muffins. Chocolate Chocolate Chip Muffins. Normally I don’t like double chocolate anything but for some reason these muffins get me every time. I love the big huge ones with the huge muffin tops.
Unfortunately my own personal muffin top is bigger than it needs to be so I opted to make smaller muffins. It fills my need for the double chocolate without filling out the waist line. If I can manage to only eat one of course
So here it is for you, eat one or many
Start by combing all of the dry ingredients 2/3 cup Cocoa, 1 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour , 1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar , 1 teaspoon Baking Soda, 3/4 teaspoon Salt and 1 teaspoon Instant Coffee
Once combined you will need a very willing toddler to dump 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips into the mixture. If you don’t have one I can let you borrow mine but only for a little
In a separate bowl combine 2 large beaten Eggs, 3/4 cup Milk, 2 teaspoons White Vinegar, and 1 tablespoon Vanilla
Once you’ve combined the above ingredients add 1/2 cup Butter, melted. Mix again and then pour the mixture into your muffin tin filling each cup about 3/4s of the way.
Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. I also made mini muffins for Mason. The mini muffins take about 10-15 minutes at the same temperature!
Once the muffins are done let them sit for about 5 minutes in the muffin tin and then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool further or serve immediately for a delicious warm muffin. Warm is my favorite
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees & line muffin tins with paper liners
- In a large bowl whisk the cocoa, flour brown sugar, baking soda, salt and instant coffee. Then add the chocolate chips.
- In a medium bowl combine the eggs, milk white vinegar and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine then add the melted butter. Mix again.
- Fill each muffin cup up 3/4 of the way. Bake for 20-25 minutes. The muffins are done when a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Let sit in the muffin tin for 5 minutes and then move to racks to cool. They taste delicious warm or cold!
- Freezing Directions:
- Freeze by placing the muffins on a cookie sheet. Once the muffins are frozen you can store them in a zip lock bag! Defrost the night before by placing them in the fridge or take them directly from the freezer wrap it in a paper towel and heat for 30-45 seconds.