As you guys have probably figured out I’m a baker.
I love baking cupcakes and cookies and all sorts of treats for my family and of course you can’t bake without Arm & Hammer Baking Soda.
But did you k now that you can use it for other things as well? Not just baking?
My favorite way to use Baking Soda other than cooking is for household cleaning. I feel so much better about using baking soda for some of household tasks than other products that have a ton of additives which normally isn’t good for babies or my dog.
Arm & Hammer provided me with some Holiday tips for both prepping your home and beauty tips, honestly I was surprised with how many I had never used before! I thought I was a Baking Soda for things other than cooking buff!
Here are some of my favorite tips that I use routinely around the house and for my beauty routine:
- Freshen Upholstery–Sprinkle baking soda on upholstery, wait 15 minutes and vacuum up.
- Freshen Carpets–Sprinkle Baking Soda on the carpet wait 15 minutes and then vacuum!
- Deodorize Trash Can-Sprinkle your garbage can with a sprinkle of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda to help get rid of odors. I would do this every time I added something that I knew could get stinky if it sat!
- Freshen Your Fridge–Keep a box of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda in your Fridge
- Food Safe Surface Cleaner–Sprinkle Baking Soda onto a damp sponge and wipe down your counter tops, wooden spoons, microwaves, stainless steel skins, cutting boards, oven tops and more!
- Whiten Your Teeth–Sprinkle a little of baking soda unto your hand, dampen your tooth brush, pick up the baking soda with your hand and brush!
Here are some of the tips that I learned about and would love to try!
- Wash Fruits and Vegetables–No need for a special spray! Just sprinkle of a little baking soda on a clean damp sponge, scrub the veggies and rinse! To make the skin on your produce soft sprinkle baking soda in a bowl of water add produce agitate and rinse!
- Fluffier Mashed Potatoes--I LOVE Mashed potatoes and if you sprinkle a pinch of Baking Soda in your mashed potatoes it will make them fluffier!
- Silky Smooth Skin–Add 1/2 cup of Arm and Hammer Baking Soda to your bath for silky smooth skin!
- Facial and Body Scrub–Make a paste of 3 parts Arm & Hammer Baking Soda to 1 part water. Gently rub in a circle motion over your face and/or body. Rinse with clean warm water.
- Deep Clean Your Hair–Get rid of product build up by sprinkling a small amount of Baking Soda into your palm along with your favorite shampoo.
- Deodorant–Spinkle some Arm & Hammer under your arms to get rid of odor!
I was so surprised at all these beauty tips! The only one I’ve ever done is to whiten my teeth! I was really impressed with everything it can do and I plan on adding a lot of these to my beauty routine especially since Arm & Hammer Baking Soda is so inexpensive!