Since BlogHer12 was in NY I took the opprotunity to visit my family while I was there. In fact I’m still here. My cousin came over to visit and of course we got the itch to bake. Okay well I got the itch to bake and she got the itch to eat so we headed to the store to pick up some last minute ingredients. One thing we knew we wanted to try? NECTRESSE™Sweetener. Nectresse sweetener is the only 100% natural sweetener made from monk fruit extract available at your local grocery store.
The first thing I did when I tried it was open it up and stick my finger in it. Let’s face it most sweeteners that aren’t sugar have an after taste and I wanted to see if Nectresse did. I’m happy to report that it didn’t have a bad after taste at all. So I decided to move forward with dun dun dun subsititing the Nectresse Sweetener for Sugar in a Nutella Stuffed Muffin recipe.
I was so impressed with how they turned out, I never told my family that I substitued the Nectresse for the Sugar and not one person including myself noticed a difference!
Try it yourself:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl combine all the dry ingredients, 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 12 Packets Nectresse, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 2 teaspoons baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- In a seperate bowl whisk together 3/4 cup milk, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 1 large egg and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients.
- Use cooking spray or butter to grease your muffin pan. cover the bottom of each muffin hole with batter and then drop a heavy teaspoon of Nutella into the center of each muffin. With the remaining batter cover the nutella.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- When you have about three minutes left melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a small bowl and in a separate small bowl combine 6 packets of Nectresse and 2 teaspoons of of cinnamon.
- Dip the top of the muffin into the butter and then into cinnamon/nectresse mixture.
- Repeat until all 12 muffins have been buttered and topped. Let cool for 8 minutes on a wire rack before serving!
I was so happy with how these muffins turned out and I can’t wait to try more recipes with Nectresse. You can get your own FREE sample of NECTRESSE™Sweetener and try some recipes too! Lisa Ling is the Nectresse spokesperson, check out what she has to say about Nectresse!
Look for Nectresse in your local grocery store in a box or canister!