Making a living that is.
As some of you may or may not know I work at a restaurant, in a college town. I didn’t think this was going to be a big deal because our clientele aren’t exactly students our beers are much to expensive for the average struggling college student. But apparently I was wrong.
Graduation weekend in May was pretty busy. Then I took a week to go visit my family and I came back to a tons of shift but NO tables. It’s been quite awful.
Even more so than ever I’ve been thinking about ways that I can say some money. So how am I doing it?
1) I thrift like a mad woman. Really I do. If there is something that I need or want for me, Mason, the house etc, I check out my local thrift and consignment shops first.
2) I get around. If I can’t find it at the thrift store I make sure that I explore alll my options. Is it cheaper online? Is it cheaper in this store or that store?
3) I sit on it. If I really want/need something I think about it for a little I mull it over. If I’m still thinking about it a couple days later I go and get it BUT….
4) I never shop without a coupon or discount. Okay not never. Who am I kidding? I TRIED to coupon and quite frankly I was awful at it. I got some good deals but it was only when it was spelled out for me. But when I’m making a larger purchase I always make sure to see if there are coupons available or discount codes. You can do a google search or check out PromotionCode.org.
5) I DIY. Want or need something? Utilize google or better yet Pinterest and see if you can DIY yourself. You’d be amazed at the amount of tutorials and recipes that you can find to do pretty much anything yourself. It may take more time but it saves you money and it’s gratifying to know that you did it all on your own!