Earlier this month I was getting ready for my support group when I decided that I needed to bring something to munch on. It’s at an odd time, basically during dinner so I knew others may be hungry as well. I only had two hours before I had to leave so I knew I needed something quick.
I wasn’t in the mood for cupcakes or the regular ole chocolate chip cookies so I poked about and realized I had everything I need to make Lemon Cookies. With a few modifications of course.
No step by step for this one but this was so easy you won’t even need one!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar.
- Add the vanilla, egg, and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl mix together the dry ingredients leaving out the powdered sugar (that comes later).
- Stir the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until everything is well incorporated.
- Pour the1/2 cup of powdered sugar into a small bowl. Take a large teaspoon of the dough, roll it into a ball and roll it in the powdered sugar.
- Place on a baking sheet about an inch apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes. The bottoms should be slightly brown, cool for 3 minutes before devouring.
I whipped these cookies up so quickly and they were melt in your mouth delicious.