The other day I asked B what we should pull out for dinner and he told me he already had beef defrosting in the fridge. My first thought?
Mainly because we just had memorial day and I feel like we cook out at least once a week which is more red meat than I usually consume. And I just wasn’t interested. Then I asked him how he wanted it cooked and he said over pasta in sauce and AGAIN I was like BORING.
We eat our beef one of two ways.
1) Patty form as a burger
2) In red sauce with pasta
At first I was like FINE we’ll go with option number two. But then I decided NO we’re not doing that, I CAN’T do that again so I started brainstorming and I decided to make an easy casserole!
It’s so easy I don’t even have a step by step for you. But if you really need it comment and I’ll update it the next time I make it!
1lb of Ground Beef
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
1 small onion
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
14 oz of cooked broccoli (one small frozen bag)
1/2 cup Original Bisquick Mix
1 cup milk
1. Cook your ground beef in a skillet pan over medium heat, drain excess fat. While the meat is cooking steam the broccoli until tender. Mince the 1 small onion.
2. Combine the beef, broccoli and onion in a round 2 Quart Casserole Dish. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper and mix.
3. In a separate bowl whisk 1/2 cup Original Biquick Mix, 1 Cup Milk and 2 eggs. Add the mixture to the Beef/Broccoli/Onion mixture.
4. Evenly distribute the cheddar cheese on top.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean!