Why I <3 Amazon

I hadn’t done very much signing up for anything when I got pregnant with Elena. I signed up for a ton of stuff with Mason and I still get “Your Child is a bazillion Months Old” emails, it’s annoying. I know, I know unsubscribe.

Fellow Loss Moms have talked to me about getting those emails and how much it hurts. But I had never experienced it before. And then I got one from Amazon. I couldn’t even figure out how they knew I had been pregnant (apparently it was in my Amazon Mom Account, which hindsight being 20/20 I do remember filling out).

I was upset. NO I wasn’t in my 3rd Trimester AMAZON! So I posted this on my FB page:

Shortly after I had two missed phone calls but I didn’t think much of it, they were numbers I didn’t know and well I don’t pick up numbers I don’t know.

Then I checked my email. I had one from Amazon. They apologized for the email they sent me and sent me instructions on how I can change it so that I stop receiving those emails.

I was impressed with their quick response and great customer service.

But I was surprised and touched when the next morning a van pulled up to my house right as I was getting ready for work and these were given to me:

I had NO idea that they would be from Amazon and I was beyond appreciative that they went above and beyond for me, an every day customer.

Thank you Amazon.

Thrift Store Finds {Help}
Sugar Cookie Recipe w/Food Lion $50 Gift Card Giveaway

Comments

That’s awesome that they went above and beyond. I still get stuff from formula companies (which I never signed up for). Nothing like receiving a “toddler formula” package when your angel baby should be one!

• Christa says

I swear I think Doctor’s offices sell our info. When I went to the OB with Mason I got all sorts of that stuff. Free formula etc etc. With Elena I went to a midwife at a birth center and I haven’t gotten anything like that!

• says

I’m sure that’s the case…but it still ticks me off!

I especially like when I went for a post-surgery appointment (I had to have a DNE) and the stupid lady at the front asked me how far along I was! Ughhh…insensitive people.

I don’t know if you’ve done anything or you are ready, but somebody suggested getting a wind chime to me. It took me almost a year to get it, but every time I hear it, I smile and think of my sweet little angel.

• Christa says

Wow that’s awful! I had a friend who delivered her baby at almost 20 weeks due to the same thing that happened to me (pPROM) and she had to go in almost 12 weeks later for a D&C and a few nurses kept asking her “how’s the baby” with HER CHART in their hand! What is wrong with people?!

I love the idea of a wind chime for Elena. I have a memory box for her and I have a frame with her hand prints/foot prints on it and her ultrasound picture on our bookshelf next to our picture of Mason. I also got a Sunset done from Christian’s Beach and I plan on blowing it up on a canvas.

Did you name your Angel?

• says

I think people have lost that “caring” that they used to have.

We don’t have any hand/foot prints (As the baby had passed in utero weeks before).

A name..yes and no. We had one picked out, and that’s sort of the name, but I guess we just never refer to him/her as that name (as we weren’t sure of the gender).

2. Fiona says

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. It does impress me that a company as large as Amazon would offer such a kind gesture. It still doesn’t make up for the hurt, but maybe a little bandaid…

3. Sara says

That’s an unbelievably amazing gesture on their part–talk about great customer service! I’m so sorry you went through what you did.