It’s time for something a little bit up beat around here. I’ve been down in the dumps lately. I wish I could say I was one of those people who baked my sorrow away without gaining an ounce but unfortunately that is not the case. I’ve barely been baking and I’ve certainly gained more than an ounce.
I baked these yummy cookies about two weeks ago when we were going to a friends for dinner, I of course had to bring dessert. They were a huge hit and easy to make. I already have some great ideas for the next batch of Cheesecake Cookies I make!
Start off by creaming together 1/2 cup of butter and 3oz of cream cheese
Then add 1 cup of sugar and 3 teaspoons of vanilla
Then add 1 cup of flour
Next put 15-18 Oreos in a ziplock bag and crush with a rolling pin or your hands. You can also use a food processor but
personally I really enjoyed the choppiness that the zip lock bag/hands/rolling pin produced
Next roll the dough into 1-1 1/2 balls and roll in the cookie crumbs
Bake in the oven for 12 minutes at 375. Keep a close eye on them. You want to avoid the bottom/edges browning. In the picture below you can see that happened. But I assure you they were still delicious.
Let the cookies cool on a wire rack for about 15 minutes!
- Mix together the 1/2 cup butter and 3 ounces of cream cheese.
- Add the cup of sugar to the butter and cream cheese mixture along with 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Next add in 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- In your food processor crumble about 15-18 Oreos to create 1 cup of Oreo crumbles.
- Make 1-1 1/2 inch cookie dough balls then roll them in the Oreo Crumbles.
- Bake at 375 degrees and bake for 12 minutes.