Egg Muffins {Perfect for Freezing}

If you can make it in a muffin pan, I want it. Simple as that. Yesterday I was struggling with what I wanted to eat for breakfast (I haven’t been super hungry or motivated to eat lately) and decided to make these egg muffins. They take a little longer to make than the standard breakfast because you have to bake them but it was perfect for the current status of my appetite.

I had 3 that morning and froze the rest of them. I popped one in the microwave this morning for about a minute and a half and it was delicious and perfect. They freeze so nicely and I highly suggest making a big batch and freezing them for mornings were you need something quick, yummy and filling.

For 6 regular sized muffins pans you combine 5 eggs, a 1/4 cup of milk, 2 slices of cheese, meat of your choice (I used a leftover bratwrust and 2 slices of turkey lunch meat) and salt and pepper to taste.

Spray or butter your muffin pan and fill each up with the egg mixture:

As you can see you can fill it up fairly high! Pop in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees

They were so yummy and popped out very easily.

I suggest removing them all while they’re still warm, letting them cool and then putting them in a freezer bag. When you need a quick breakfast just pop an egg muffin on a plate and put it in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes! They were just as good the next morning which I was excited about!

Egg Muffins

Ingredients

5 Eggs
1/4 Cup Milk
2 Slices of Cheese (Your Choice on type)
Meat (optional)

Directions

1. Whisk 5 eggs and 1/4 cup of milk together.
  2. Add two slices of cheese (grated or in small pieces) and diced meat to the egg mixture.
  3. Salt and Pepper to taste.
  4. Butter or Spray your muffin tin with a non-stick spray.
  5. Evenly fill each muffin hole with the egg mixture.
  6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
  7. Freezing Instructions: Remove egg muffins from the muffin tin and let cool. Place in a freezer bag.
  8. Reheating Instructions: 1-2 minutes in your microwave

Retail Therapy
Lady Antebellum: Own the Night for 25 Cents! {Entire Album}

Comments

1. Janene says

I think I’m going to make these for the kids for dinner tonight! We are having fish and it would be great to have something this easy as a backup if the fish goes over as well as I think it will…

Thanks!

2. Julie G says

Thanks for the recipe… I am making a bunch of these this weekend. Perfect quick grab for my husband before work! BTW I have a son named Mason also… he is almost 2 now (21M).

3. Caity Jacox says

Mine didn’t turn out looking like yours! Mine shrunk and looked deformed after I took them out of the oven, LOL. But they still tasted really good!

4. Jessie C. says

Love this recipe, thanks so much for sharing this. Absolutely perfect for breakfast.

Looking forward to more muffin pan easy recipes!

5. Kim says

I made these for my mom for mother’s day today! They came out perfect and sooo delicious! I used red peppers, scallions, ham, and feta cheese. I think I’ll be making these a lot more for myself for quick breakfasts. Thanks for the recipe.

6. Jessica Parks Wiese says

These look delicious! My husband is not a fan of eggs, but the kids and I like them, so this looks like something that would be good for a quick breakfast before preschool.

7. Stacy Grensberg says

Thanks for the recipe! I'm going to make a batch tonight for my kids breakfasts this week! I especially love that they can be frozen! =)

My daughter is a good eater but shes picky. She ate two! I put sausage & ham in them & she keeps asking for more muffins. Next time i am going to make a bigger batch bc i see they will be a huge hit at our house

• Christa Marie says

I’m so glad she loved them! Sometimes just putting the same food in a different presentation makes a huge difference with kids!

Trackbacks