If you can make it in a muffin pan, I want it. Simple as that. Yesterday I was struggling with what I wanted to eat for breakfast (I haven’t been super hungry or motivated to eat lately) and decided to make these egg muffins. They take a little longer to make than the standard breakfast because you have to bake them but it was perfect for the current status of my appetite.
I had 3 that morning and froze the rest of them. I popped one in the microwave this morning for about a minute and a half and it was delicious and perfect. They freeze so nicely and I highly suggest making a big batch and freezing them for mornings were you need something quick, yummy and filling.
For 6 regular sized muffins pans you combine 5 eggs, a 1/4 cup of milk, 2 slices of cheese, meat of your choice (I used a leftover bratwrust and 2 slices of turkey lunch meat) and salt and pepper to taste.
Spray or butter your muffin pan and fill each up with the egg mixture:
As you can see you can fill it up fairly high! Pop in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees
They were so yummy and popped out very easily.
I suggest removing them all while they’re still warm, letting them cool and then putting them in a freezer bag. When you need a quick breakfast just pop an egg muffin on a plate and put it in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes! They were just as good the next morning which I was excited about!
- Whisk 5 eggs and 1/4 cup of milk together.
- Add two slices of cheese (grated or in small pieces) and diced meat to the egg mixture.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- Butter or Spray your muffin tin with a non-stick spray.
- Evenly fill each muffin hole with the egg mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Freezing Instructions: Remove egg muffins from the muffin tin and let cool. Place in a freezer bag.
- Reheating Instructions: 1-2 minutes in your microwave