I don’t know what the weather is like by you but the weather in Virginia can’t make up it’s freaking mind. One day it’s gorgeous out like the perfect fall day and then the next it’s freezing and no matter what I do I can’t keep warm. Two days ago? It was in the 50s. Yesterday it was sleeting! Can you say weird weather? Regardless I think that it’s finally starting to get cold and stay cold which means that warm comforting food is what I’m about!
This Carrot Lentil Soup is a staple in our household. This makes a HUGE pot (enough to freeze some). It’s vegan and is clean eating at its finest. My favorite part about it is that you don’t need Chicken Stock like most soups call for and it’s so cheap to make!
This soup is hearty and filling and oh so delicious. Random side note. I don’t like beans and I had never had lentils.
- Coarsely grate carrots using a food processor or a grater. Dice onions and garlic.
- Saute the carrots, onions and garlic in oil until veggies are soft.
- Stir in lentils and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the water bring to a boil and reduce to simmer.
- Cook uncovered over medium heat until lentils are very soft and the soup has thickened. This will take approximately 45 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice, thyme, salt & pepper .