Where did 2011 go? I can’t believe it’s going to be over in less than 12 hours. My baby is going to be TWO in less than a month, I’m going to be 25. Hell not only where did 2011 go but where did the last 10, 20 years go!? When I was in Middle School/High School time just dragged, it seemed like we were never going to get the chance to move forward but once college started it’s like life went on fast forward. I moved to VA for college, graduated and had a baby. A BABY. Still can’t believe it.
Last year I made some resolutions. Let’s see how I did.
1) Find a Job-I did this twice, the first time we all got laid off and now I’ve been hired at the new restaurant that’s coming into town. It hasn’t started yet but it’s going to be pretty awesome so I’m excited! In addition to that I’ve been working hard on my blog and have been bringing in some money from that too. Not a ton or even close to enough but it helps.
2) Lose 25lbs–I did this. But I’ve gained a lot of it back. Bottom line is I got lazy.
3) Be More Positive–I think I did this as well, it’s not always easy but it’s still something I work on.
4) Get it together, Figure out what I want to do with my life-I still haven’t done this. I mean I have lots of ideas but nothing has really motivated me
5) Be More Organized–Um yea. I try, I really do but apparently I prefer to live in organized chaos. I always know where things are. As long as I put it there disorganized or not.
1) Stay Active and Exercise More Often–I think that’s pretty self explanatory. I want to do lots of Yoga, Pilates and Walking! I actually started this New Year’s Eve, I did a 50 minute Yoga DVD (well 40 minutes because Mason was way over watching me do Yoga by the time I got to 40 minutes). And to be honest it’s been a while since I’ve worked out, I’m feeling it today but in a good way!
2) Read 30 Books. Make suggestions here.
3) Continue to Grow my Blog. I have personal goals that I have set for myself that I’m not quite ready to share but will at some point!
4) Learn how to Sew. I want to be able to hem pants, and make dresses for Ava. I also saw this cute tutorial on adding ruffles to the bottom of little girls pants to prolong their life and it was ADORABLE and I know Ava would just love that!
5) Declutter AND Organize–I know, I know, I didn’t do so well with the whole organizing thing last year but this year its a must. We have stuff EVERYWHERE and while I’d like to say we’re outgrowing our home I think it has more to do with the fact that we have too much stuff that we don’t need. Christmas did NOT help, Mason got a million and one things, mostly toys, he’s thrilled and we’re happy he’s thrilled and so grateful for our generous families but holy hell we have no idea where we’re going to put half of this stuff! I saw this on Pinterest and I think I’m going to use it as a nice guide.
I think 5 is good enough! I’ll have some more posts in the future with “bucket list” themes, I’m turning 25 this year and I probably want to do a 101 in 1001 or a 30 before 30 (it’s not too soon because I want some of my goals to be lofty).
And from our Family to Yours HAPPY NEW YEAR!