What I Read in 2011

In 2011 I promised myself that I would read at least 20 books and I did it! I’m so happy that I did! I haven’t read this much in a long time and I plan on setting the same goal for myself this year.

Here’s everything I read in 2011:

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Mocking Jay by Suzanne Collins

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

The Help by Katheryn Stockett

Diary of a Mad Bride by Laura Wolf

So those are 22 books I read in 2011, I have SO many books on my list for 2012 where my new goal will be 30. I totally could have done 30 this year but after August I pretty much stopped reading for some reason!

2012 Goals
No Bake Mint Oreo Truffles

Comments

Nicely done! I find that around September when the schools are heading back into session and everyone is trying to hold onto the last warm days before winter, my reading starts dying off. Then we head straight into the holidays and it’s not until after the rush ends and hot chocolate start sounds really good, that I start picking books back up again.

• Christa says

That’s exactly when my reading slowed down and I don’t even have kids in school, must be something about September lol

• Christa says

Water for Elephants was REALLY good! I highly suggest it! I can’t wait until The Hunger Games movie comes out, I think I’ll actually go see it in theaters! Even the BF said he’d go!

• Christa says

It was pretty good, a little too religious for my taste but that’s to be expected considering what it’s about.

• Christa says

I started City of Bones but never finished it, not sure if it was because I wasn’t into it or if I just wasn’t interested at the time. I remember getting way too many books that time around and it was due in like 3 days and I was only on Chapter 5 or something lol.

I read the host a couple of years ago! I need to add I am Number Four to my ongoing list! I saw the movie and liked it! I think I read The Giver ages ago, I’ll have to check out Divergent!

Thanks for the suggestions, I can always count on you!

2. Molly says

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins is just wow! I was barely able to put this book down for a second after the first few pages got me completely hooked. Suzanne Collins narrative here has an immediacy to it that, when combined with the very dramatic life-or-death plot, is incredibly compelling. It’s entertaining, and incredibly disturbing all at once. Suzanne Collins has, with one amazing work, propelled herself onto my top shelf.

Have a nice day,