The other day me and some of my blog friends were talking about Christmas Goodies and what we were baking. Emily from Baby Dickey mentioned she was making Oreo Truffles and that immediately caught my interest. I LOVE Oreos. She said they were really easy to make and they were!
I knew immediately that I would be switching one thing up though. I used MINT Oreos instead of regular Oreos. It’s the perfect switch up for the holidays!
I <3 Cool Mint Oreos. This pictures makes me want to go by some more so I can dip them in milk and/or hot chocolate.
The very first thing you want to do take 5 cookies and crumble using a food processor and reserve for topping.
Then process the remaining cookies.
In a large bowl combine the oreo crumbles with 1 package of cream cheese
Next you roll the mixture into one inch balls placing them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
Place them in the fridge to harden for at least an hour. Once the Oreo Balls are hardened melt 10 oz of Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate. Coat each ball and place them back on the parchment paper. Garnish with the Oreo crumbles and place back into the fridge for about an hour to allow the chocolate to harden.
One hour later you get these yummies:
These are SO yummy and were a hit at our family gathering! Next time around I’ll use White Chocolate and drizzle some red chocolate over it to make it even more festive!
- 1. In a food processor or using a rolling pin and a freezer bag crush 5 cookies for the garnish.
- 2. Finely chop the remainder of the cookies using either a food processor or the rolling pin/freezer bag method.
- 3. Combine the finely chopped cookies with 8oz of cream cheese.
- 4. Roll into one inch balls, place on parchment paper and let harden in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- 5. When the hour is up melt the 10oz of Baker's Chocolate and roll the balls into the chocolate (slightly cooled).
- 6. Garnish with the Oreo crumbles and place back in the fridge to allow the chocolate to harden (about an hour).