And here’s the after from the door:
For the rest of the before pictures head here And now for the rest of the after!
- First of course I changed the wall color from boring white to Glidden Brilliance Pebble Grey.
- I got rid of a majority of his stuffed animals which cleared up room on the bookcase.
- I bought an adjustable tension rod and a curtain for Masons closet so its not longer open for everyone to see. It made it look so cluttered before!
- I moved the hamper into our bedroom since we only need one for three people and it matches our room. I left the diaper pail in the corner by the closet.
- I moved the train table to right next to the crib. We can pull it out to the middle of the room when he wants to play. Doing this makes the room look so much bigger!
- I got rid of his music play table it broke ages ago and he really just used it to climb.
- B installed the hardware for the curtains and I hung them.
- I moved the second storage bins set into the room and put them where the white storage cabinet used to be.
- Finally I moved the white storage cabinet where I house Mason’s diapers to the wall opposite the crib.
- All in all I’m so happy with the changes! I LOVE the color and Mason’s room FINALLY looks like a room and not a large spare closet. As time goes on I plan on adding decorations I want a “you are my sunshine” mural over his crib and pictures of him and our family opposite the crib wall so that when he wakes up the first thing he sees is his family. I also plan on staining the two storage bin shelves the same color as Mason’s crib and eventually I will get rid of the white cabinet in favor of something nicer and something that matches but for now we need the storage and can’t give it up!
There are still somethings that need to be done, for instance there is NOTHING hanging on the wall, I want to change that. Over his crib I would love to get a wooden sign that has the lyrics or part of the lyrics to “You are My Sunshine” I sing it to Mason all the time! On the wall opposite the crib I want to get canvas pictures of Mason with me and B, my parent’s, B’s parents my siblings etc so that when he wakes up in the morning one of the first things he sees is that!