These Cream Cheese and Bacon Wontons were so easy to make I can’t even comprehend why I haven’t made them before. I guess it’s because I didn’t realize that you can get the wonton wrappers in your local grocery store. Did you know that you could do that? Well I do now and I can tell you that while this was the first time I made Wontons it certainly won’t be my last!
First and foremost you want to open up two packages of Cream Cheese (8oz) and let it soften while you cook up the bacon!
Next up is making the bacon!
When it’s all done drain it and lay it out to chop it up!
Now that the cream cheese has softened you want to add the chopped up bacon to the cream cheese!
Filling the wontons is even easier! My suggestion is to fill them all up and then fry them in batches! This recipe makes 50 wontons which is how many comes in the package! These are the kind I got!
I laid them all out flat on a cutting board and put a teaspoon of mix in the middle of each won ton.
Any longer and it gets a little crispy…see?
But I quickly got the hang of it and they were coming out sooo good!
- Unwrap two 8oz packages of cream cheese and allow to soften while cooking your bacon until crispy.
- After your bacon is cooked drain the excess grease and chop into small pieces.
- Combine Bacon and cream cheese
- Lay out your won ton wrappers and fill each with approximately 1 teaspoon of the bacon and cream cheese mixture.
- Seal by dipping your finger in water and running along to connecting edges. Meet the corners and seal!
- Heat vegetable oil on low to medium heat place won tons in the oil for 3-4 minutes. Flip and repeat until all won tons have been cooked. Place finished won tons on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.