This year was so eventful and full of change yet at the same time it wasn’t at all! This time last year I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of my little man. This year I’m dreading his first birthday 🙁 No more saying this time last year I was pregnant. No more baby. He will become a toddler. Technically speaking he probably already is.
I don’t think my New Year’s Resolutions differ to much from year to year which should show me how effective making them are. I think more than anything the purpose they serve is a reminder of what you want to do!
Dictionary.reference.com defines resolution as the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure, etc. or the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute;firmness of purpose.
So that’s what these are. I’m determining a course of action and I have a firmness of purpose.
1) FIND A JOB! Mason is almost a year. I’ve stayed home with him as long as I could, really longer, finding a job is not easy especially when you consider the cost of child care etc. But it can and WILL happen in 2011
2) Lose 25lbs. This is how much weight I wanted to lose before I got pregnant with Mason. My Baby Weight is gone give or take a pound or two so now it’s time to really hit the ground running and get rid of that last 25lbs! Maybe I should turn it into a Meme. Fit & Fab Fridays. I will never tell you my weight. Dream on people. Ideally this would occur within 6 months. That’s about 5lbs a month. If I can’t do that something must be wrong with me! That means I have to cute less than 200 calories from my diet every day. That’s doable. That’s a can of soda. That’s no dessert. That means Exercising, Ideally 3-4 times per week. That can be done. And with that comes this:
Starting Jan 7th 2011!! The First Friday in the New Year! I would love to have you all link up with me and share your journey, first post should be an intro post and your first “weigh in”. I probably won’t be sharing my exact weight, I don’t want THAT on the interwebs so do what YOU feel comfortable with, pictures half naked, pictures fully clothed etc.
Now Where Was I?
3) Be more positive. It’s about what you send out into the world. And I need to be spending more positives vibes!
4) Get it together. Figure out what I really want to do with my life! Do I want to go back to school and get my Masters? If so, in What? Teaching? or my original major? What about switching careers entirely and becoming a nurse?
5) Be more organized. This means de-cluttering the house and my stuff. Getting rid of things I don’t need. Purging is good for the soul.
I think that should be good for now, any longer and I’m destined for failure. My resolutions are lofty as it is!
Because You Love
Me Him! 🙂