It’s been such a long two days, I can’t believe I’m even still up to write about it. Yesterday morning we left for the girls competition in Albany. It’s only a two hour drive and it went by so quickly! It also helped that I got to sit in the front seat…Oh the perks of being pregnant! My mom refused to let me sit in the back…something about curling hair and there being more room for the other people if I sat up front, which was kinda rude but who cares I got to sit in the front!!!
Albany is a lot prettier than I remember from the last time I went to visit (also for a cheerleading competition, and to see the University). But word of advice if you’re ever in Albany avoid the Crown Plaza downtown. I could go on and on about the complaints and I just might!
- We had a reservation for the resturant in the hotel for 6:15 we sat down and the server didn’t come to take our drink orders until about 6:35. We were starving so we said can we place our orders now as well…He tells us NO. So we’re a little upset but we figure how long can it take him to get drinks right?
- 15 minutes later he arrives with out drinks. But not all of them. Just half of them. And most importantly not the two youngest kids (Luke and Ava) who wanted their chocolate milk. Regardless we place our order (which took another 10 minutes)
- 10 minutes later he comes back with the missing drinks and the two chocolate milks in regular glasses (I had specifically requested childrens cups). He then informs me that they dont have kids cups but he’ll see what he can do. He comes back with coffee cups, no straws. Sweet.
- When our meals finally came out about 45 minutes after bringing out the chocolate milk EVERYTHING was freezing! We had to send it back and the poor girls were starving!
- Then when I got my meal (which was also cold) I was like okay don’t forget about my fries :/ He says to me well the fries don’t actually come with that meal BUT I’ll give them to you anyone…UM WHAT? I ordered fries with my meal!
- Then this morning we made the mistake of having breakfast there also, although not technically in the resturant. We waited about 35 minutes for two eggs over easy with bacon and toast. She never got our drink orders and our server was also impossible to find!
So as I finish writing all that (and I hope it makes sense, after all I’m super tired) I realize that you can stay at the Crown Plaza just don’t eat their food!
Anyway we made our way over to the arena and for once everything was running on time so the girls peformed exactly when they were suppose to if not earlier! VERY impressive.
The girls did absolutely amazing and it was obvious that they were going to make it to Trenton (and one step closer to Disney!) I wish I had pictures or a video but I don’t. But they did way better than at the County Competition. No lifts fell which was of course amazing and their final score was also way higher. They don’t do 1st, 2nd or 3rd at this competition just if your moving on or not. BUT I really think if they had the girls would have taken first the other team just didn’t compare!
Anyway I think this post was long enough…